A membership in the Reflexology Association of America provides you with:
1. An active, contemporary, hands-on website serving its members and thousands of visitors per month.
2. An active social media presence on Facebook.
3. Client referrals. Every single day of the year people search the RAA website for a reflexology practitioner in their area.
- As a professional member, you are eligible to display your contact information on the website directory of members. The RAA listing can link directly to your website if you wish, an important marketing bonus for any professional or associate member**. This is the number one benefit cited by members. Members have the ability to edit and update their own listings.
- Feel confident referring someone to a reflexologist in another locale, knowing the practitioner has successfully completed a program of study of at least 300 hours. You’ll feel good knowing someone will receive reflexology from a qualified professional and that a colleague will reap the financial and experiential benefits of your referral.
4. Access to reflexology research sites. This is the second biggest reason members visit the RAA website. Research data increases your confidence in the power of reflexology, which will translate to how you speak about reflexology to others, which will translate into more business for you, and a healthier society.
5. A calendar listing of events, from which you will learn of various continuing education opportunities and reflexology events being held nationally and internationally. Eligible members may post and edit information regarding reflexology events on the website’s online directory of events at no cost. Affiliated state associations may list their events in the print magazine’s calendar of events at no cost.
6. National advertising. In addition to the marketing benefit of having your contact information listed on the website, professional and associate members** can reserve display advertising spaces in the print magazine and classified website Store at a reduced price. Affiliated state associations may also place a free ¼ page black/white ad in the print magazine.
7. Professional credibility. The public perceives members of a professional membership site to be better qualified than those not listed. This is a considerable benefit when people are researching whom they will allow touch their bodies and to whom they will give their hard-earned money. If you teach reflexology, it is equally important to be able to state that you are a member in good standing of this country’s only national professional reflexology association.
8. The Reflexology Across America magazine, delivered to your physical mailbox quarterly. The magazine keeps you informed of reflexology events, legislative movements, accomplishments and challenges nationally, internationally and state-wise. As a member, you are invited to submit your opinions and articles for publication.
9. A significant discount to the biennial RAA conference. Where else can you spend three days in perhaps a new locale with folks from all over the world who share your passion and curiosity for the same subject?
10. Permission to use the RAA logo in marketing materials you create to promote your reflexology practice.
11. E-blasts on time-sensitive issues and breaking news that keep you current on the important matters affecting your life as a reflexologist, and if applicable, opportunities to take action.
12. Opportunities to shape the future of reflexology on the state and/or national levels. Volunteers enjoy camaraderie, support, respect, and most importantly, a sense of being part of something bigger than themselves. Even if you decide not to run for office or serve on a committee, as a professional member you get to vote on who runs the organization.***
13. Leadership/Organizational Development classes. These highly thought of workshops provide members with the training and assurance to serve as leaders in their state and/or national reflexology associations.
14. Print brochures useful in building a practice:
Identifying the Professional Reflexology Practice (deals with human-traffickers infiltrating our industry).
15. By adding your name and voice to the US national membership organization, you help to bring credibility and recognition to the field. As the field moves inch-by-inch closer to state- by-state licensing and recognition by the National Institutes of Health, membership numbers are very important. Reflexology is taken more seriously the more practitioners we have operating at the professional level who value their field enough to join forces as members of an independent, non-profit membership organization.
16. Liability insurance discounts Please contact us for more information.***
** benefit not available to student reflexologists
*** benefit available only to professional members
A complete chart of benefits for each membership level can be viewed here.