In Denmark reflexology is the mostly used alternative treatment form, with one in four having consulted a reflexologist. In Danish fertility clinics 75 percent of the patients also have contacts with the complementary field, the majority of whom choose reflexology. Therefore a lot of know-how on treating infertility exists among Danish reflexologists. Every sixth couple experience problems reproducing themselves. In only 35 percent of all infertility cases, conventional medicine is able to identify the underlying cause. In the remaining 65 percent the medical system can not find an explanation for the lacking fertility. Especially within this group, reflexologists are often able to help.
Giving both the male and the female body the best possible condition for conceiving a new human being is a great task. It is therefore important to know about the most common causes of infertility, like: the condition of mucous membranes, quality of semen, nutritional status, low metabolism, stress, the iliopsoas and other pelvic muscles, hidden infections, the spine and of course the hormonal system and reproductive organs.
Our aim is to present the newest knowledge within complementary as well as conventional fertility treatments.
Common causes for male and female infertility
Conventional fertility therapy
Infertility and PCO (Poly Cystic Ovaries)
The anatomy and physiology of reproduction
How does stress influences fertility?
What affects semen quality?
A complementary view on infertility
Role of the psoas muscle
Scars, importance and treatment
Nutrition, vitamins and minerals
Reflex areas and points for nerves, musculo-skeletal structures, organs and glands involved with reproduction
In the workshop you will learn techniques from Classical Reflexology, Nordic traditions, Nerve Reflexology, trigger points, tests and exercises. With the workshop comes an extensive fully illustrated manual covering both theory and practice. The workshop will be conducted with a mixture of lecturing, demonstrations and lots of practical hands-on work. More information is available here or at touchpoint.dk.
As always with the Round About class series, you will enjoy two talented and highly experienced instructors for the price of one. It’s a great benefit: you will not only enjoy the perspective of two unique, knowledgeable practitioners, but the amount of individual guidance each student receives will be considerable, enabling more proficient use of each technique by the end of class.
PREREQUISITES: Introduction to Reflexology (12 hour course minimum)
Wed & Thurs 9 am—5 pm (14 credits with SRMC, ARCB and for WA LMTs)
Oct 9-10 $385 ($100 early bird deposit is non-refundable; $425 after Sept 11)
For more information visit www.seattle-reflexology.com
Courses through Seattle Reflexology provide CEs for reflexologists and LMTs. Our reflexology training program is designed to prepare you for the Washington state reflexology credential and National Certification. We bring excellent guest instructors from around the world each year to keep our local community well educated and excited about the vast realm of reflexology.
Class space is limited so call 206.284.8389 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org soon to reserve your space!
What to bring: pen, paper, nail clippers & file, a bath towel