SCHOOLS/EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES IN THE UNITED STATES
The Reflexology Association of America does not recommend or endorse schools or instructors, nor do we set educational curriculum for schools. Rather, as the country’s only national reflexology membership organization, our role is to establish standards and ethics by which to develop a scope of practice for our Professional members, in addition to serving our members and their interests.
Choosing a School
Choosing a reflexology school is a serious decision, one that first requires that you ask yourself what you plan to do with your reflexology education and skills.
- Do I want to provide a relaxing reflexology session to friends and family at no cost?
- Do I want to open a clinical practice and charge for my services?
- Do I want to provide sessions only for relaxation or do I want the training to address health conditions and imbalances?
- Does the state I live in require that I have a license in order to practice? (You may view the latest state requirements here.)
- What sort of credentials do I want to hold?
Other questions you might like to explore:
- What subjects, other than applied reflexology, are covered in the program?
- Is the program taught from a particular perspective, ie. allopathic, energetic, western, eastern?
- What are the instructor’s qualifications and experience?
Points to keep in mind as you make your choice:
To qualify as a Professional member, RAA has set the requirement at 300 hours of training in reflexology, 60% of which (180 hours) must have been taken in a live classroom setting with instructor interaction.
To be eligible to sit for national certification in reflexology, the American Reflexology Certification Board – the only national, non-profit, independent certifying agency in the country – requires that you have at least 110 hours of reflexology training.
Below is a list of schools that responded to a RAA questionnaire wishing to be included in the Schools/Educational Opportunities list. Contact these educators directly for additional information. Please choose wisely to meet your needs.