Roundabout: The Spine
May 20-21, 2017
Presented by: Peter Lund Frandsen and Dorthe Krogsgaard from Touchpoint Denmark
The spine is the core of the body and treating the spine reflexes should also constitute the core of any reflexological treatment.
In this workshop nerve-reflexology will be one of the major techniques, because it is effective and fascinating to use with back problems. Using this method in the beginning of a treatment session often reduces pain and increases motility, thus enhancing the classical reflexology treatment which follows.
The main subjects for the two-day workshop include:
• Anatomy and physiology of the spine revisited
• Common back problems and causes
• Assessing motility of the spine
• Nerve reflex points for all spinal nerves
• Reflexes for the spine on the lower leg
• Muscle reflexes
• Stress management via the autonomic nervous system
• Treatment of the sacro-iliac joint
• Assessment and treatment of the Iliopsoas muscle
• Stimulating the whole body via the spine
• Analysis and correction of posture
In the workshop we use techniques from Classical reflexology, Nerve reflexology, The Swedish Karl-Aksel Lind method, Danish muscle reflexes, trigger points and more.
With the workshop comes a 35 page fully illustrated manual covering both theory and practice.
The workshop is conducted with a mixture of lecturing, demonstrations and lots of practical hands-on work.